Notable works produced at the HEMS
- 1969 Leon Kirchner, Third String Quartet with
electronic tape, awarded the Pulitzer Prize.
- 1969 John Adams, Hockey Seen in collaboration
with Nelson Goodman and choreographer Nancy Armstrong Gray.
- 1979 Peter Sellars, Mayaskovsky: A Tragedy
- 1981 Ivan Tcherepnin, Santur Opera , awarded the
Grand Prize of the Ars Electronic Festival in Linz, Austria.
- 1982 William Eldridge, Casiopeiea , awarded
First Prize of the National Casio College Composer's Competition.
- 1991 Ivan Tcherepnin, The Creative Act,
commissioned by the Merce Cunningham Dance Company.
- 1972 -1996 John Cage, Variations I/144, student
made realizations made over a period of twenty two years at the
HEMS of Variations I. Layered and collated versions of these
realizations were performed at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts
(1989) and the Harvard Fogg Museum (1991).
The unique sound of the HEMS is audible in the 1996 CD release on
CRI of Flores Musicales and Five Songs and Santur
Live by Ivan Tcherepnin (CRI CD 684)
Back to EMS Home Page